A Marriott investigation reveals that its database of Starwood hotels has become illegally accessed, making vulnerable customer information for reservations booked dating back 2014.
Roughly 500 million guests are potentially affected. Here’s what customers want to know in order to safeguard their private data.
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Passport number
- Starwood Preferred Guest account information
- Date of birth
- Arrival and departure information
- Reservation date
- Communication preferences.
Payment information was more decrypted than other information, and could or might been accessed. Tenacious 183 million guests had two or fewer while self-cleaning . information stolen.
How to settle on a?travel rewards program
Loyalty programs can assist maximize earning, however it’s essential to consider what those points and miles are worth.
- Not all rewards are created equal: Redemption values range between program to program.
- Transferable points programs like Marriott Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards? and American Express Membership Rewards give users by far the most flexibility. However, fixed-point programs are ideal for those on the lookout for simplicity. Think Capital One Miles and Citi ThankYou Points.
- Consider travel program values any time you redeem rewards and how your personal loyalty status may affect that. Loyalty programs supply you with having access to elite status in addition to a selection of travel benefits, from lounge the means to access complimentary breakfasts.
- The most convenient way to accrue travel rewards is to use a bank card that earns miles or points each and every purchase. Take a look at our favorite travel cards, the most effective airline cards as well as top hotel plastic cards.
Planning a visit? Consider these content articles for lots more inspiration and advice:
5 things you should become aware of regarding the Marriot-SPG merger
NerdWallet’s identity fraud and cybersecurity guide
7 things every credit card user has to be informed on fraud