KTLA 5 wants to make your most magical vacation wishes come true with a chance to win a trip on the Disney Wish—the newest ship from Disney Cruise Line! Embark on an ocean adventure and discover where the spectacular worlds and beloved Characters from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars™ and Pixar come to life with immersive kids’ clubs, imaginative dining, world-class entertainment and more. And with adult-exclusive spaces, an all-new attraction at sea and the service and care you expect from a Disney vacation, Disney Cruise Line is truly where magic meets the sea! Complete and submit the form below for your chance to win a vacation of your very own aboard the Disney Wish, including round-trip airfare to Orlando, a 4-night cruise for 4 people to the Bahamas, meals aboard the ship, and more. Good luck!
CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS SWEEPSTAKES
1. Sponsor. This sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by KTLA (“Station”), 5800 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90028 (the “Sponsor”). The Prize Provider is Disney Destinations, LLC, 1313 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA, 92802 (“Prize Provider”). This Sweepstakes is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
APPLE IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES/CONTEST. THE SPONSOR(S) IS/ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING THE PRIZE(S) LISTED HEREIN. THE PRIZE(S) WON ARE NOT APPLE PRODUCTS, NOR ARE THEY RELATED TO APPLE IN ANY WAY. THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ORGANIZING THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND DISTRIBUTING THE PRIZE(S) ARE THE SPONSORS’ RESPONSIBILITIES. APPLE DOES NOT SPONSOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES/ CONTEST IN ANY WAY.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. A purchase will not increase an Entrant’s chance of winning. The Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within KTLA’s viewing area in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino, Riverside, Kern and Inyo counties in California, and who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KTLA, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in KTLA’s viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Sweepstakes materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Current or former employees of Jerome’s Furniture and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are also not eligible to participate or win.
Participants are eligible to win a KTLA contest or Sweepstakes only once (1) every 60 days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest or Sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once (1) every six (6) months.
3. Entry. This Sweepstakes will accept entries beginning on June 30, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. PT and ending on July 3, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT.
To enter the Sweepstakes, visit ktla.com/contests, click the link for the Disney Cruise Line Sweepstakes, and complete and submit the entry form. Entrants must include their name, phone number, e-mail address, postal code and date of birth in order to enter.
Incomplete entries will not be considered. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for technical or computer, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
An entrant may use only one email address to submit entries during the Sweepstakes. If an entrant uses multiple email addresses to submit more than one entry, the entrant will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the e-mail address or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by the Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Sweepstakes (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at ktla.com/tcl. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR(S) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize(s). There will be one (1) winner in this Sweepstakes.On July 5, 2022 the winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Winner will be informed that they won by phone or e-mail. The winner will receive a voucher good for a Disney Cruise prize package (“Vacation Package”) from Disney Destinations (“Disney”) including the following items (collectively, the “Prize”):
- A four (4)-night Bahamian Disney Cruise Line vacation for four (4) persons (i.e., Winner and up to three (3) guests, to be taken aboard the Disney Wish, and a one (1)-night stay at the Walt Disney World Resort prior to cruise.
- The Bahamian Cruise shall consist of the following:
- Four (4) roundtrip coach airfares between the major gateway airport closest to the Winner’s residence and Orlando International Airport in Orlando, FL
- Round trip ground transportation from the Walt Disney World Resort to Port Canaveral, FL, and from Port Canaveral, FL to the Orlando International Airport
- A four-(4) night Cruise on the Disney Wish for four (4) persons, including:
- One (1) stateroom aboard the Disney Wish (location/category at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line) with a maximum occupancy four (4) people
- All meals onboard the Disney Wish (excluding Palo Steakhouse and the adult-exclusive Fine Dining – Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement)
- Pre-paid gratuities, Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line website)
- The Walt Disney World Resort stay shall consist of the following:
- Motor coach transportation for four (4) passengers from the Orlando International Airport to a Walt Disney World Resort
- One (1) standard room with a maximum occupancy of four (4) persons at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel (resort selection at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line) for one (1) night prior to the ship’s departure.
- The Bahamian Cruise shall consist of the following:
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $9,028.56, which includes Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line website) For more information on Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses on Disney Cruise Line, visit https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/taxes-and-fees/. Entrants can win only once.
A potential winner will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor(s) and must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor(s) reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to choose another potential winner by the process referred to above.
All results are unofficial until winner(s) is/are verified by the Sponsor(s). Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner must claim the prize voucher(s) in-person at the Station, located at 5800 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90028, during regular business hours (Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT), except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize(s) must be claimed and all required paperwork and ID submissions must be completed within 7 days after required paperwork is sent to Winner. Failure of the winner to fulfill these requirements will result in the forfeit of entire prize package. Winner will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest or Sweepstakes conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Travel and lodging for the Vacation Package must be booked at least forty-five (45) days prior to the intended travel dates and must be taken from September 2, 2022 to October 27, 2023. Prize is not available on the following Block Out Dates: 11/21/22; 12/19/2022; 12/26/2022; 02/20/23; 03/13/23; 03/20/23; 04/03/23; 04/10/23; 05/29/23 (Block Out Dates are at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line and are subject to change).
The Winner and up to three (3) guests (each a “Guest”; collectively “Guests” and together with the winner, the “Group”) must travel together on the same itinerary, and air transportation must be round-trip from/to the same Departure Airport/Arrival Airport (both as defined below), as chosen by Disney. Once selected by Winner, Guests cannot be changed without the express consent of Disney, which may be withheld for any reason.
Minors under the age of eighteen (18) not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of twenty-one (21) in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Disney Cruise Line vacation. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to embarkation at the Disney Cruise Line terminal.
The Winner and Guests are responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. It is the Guests’ responsibility to check with their travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. U.S. Citizens can also visit the State Department’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT for more information. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports.
In order to travel onboard Disney Cruise Line, the Winner and all guests must be fully vaccinated and are required to submit proof of vaccination. Additionally, the Winner and all guests must be tested prior to embarking the ship. For up to date Know Before You Go information please visit: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/. The Winner and his/her Guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity/COVID-19 release and waiver form prior to booking of any travel. Failure to return the executed release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the Vacation Package. Winner acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of the Group, related to any use or misuse of the prize or any prize-related activity or travel.
There may be specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to the Bahamas, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. The Winner and his/her Guests are solely responsible at their own cost for staying updated on and complying with any of the latest advisories, restrictions and travel alerts that may be in place for travel to the Bahamas leading up to the planned stay. Travel requirements are subject to change.
Vacation Package fulfillment and travel are subject to certain restrictions, air travel/flight availability, and certain hotel/room availability. The Vacation Package must be booked through a travel agent as designated by Disney at least forty-five (45) days prior to arrival. Block-out dates apply. No extensions will be granted. Certain travel and lodging restrictions apply including airline carrier’s regulations and conditions. Airline tickets are non-refundable, nontransferable, and are not valid for upgrades. Sponsor(s) and Disney are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay.
All lodging will be at the risk of Winner and Guests. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded, including, without limitation any and all taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize, ground transportation (other than as described above), taxes, insurance, gasoline, meals, gratuities, and souvenirs. Sponsor(s) shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor(s) deems necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances.
Items that are not included with the Prize are:
- Shore excursions
- Travel insurance
- Laundry service
- Spa treatments
- Alcoholic beverages
- Flounder’s Reef Nursery charges
- Local and long-distance telephone calls
- Ship to shore communications including internet
- Merchandise and souvenirs
- Additional tips and gratuities not specifically set forth above
- Transportation between winner’s residence and the departure airport
- All other costs and expenses not otherwise described above
Sponsor(s) shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor(s)’s control and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Guests, if any, may be required to execute and return releases of liability and, where legal, publicity releases (collectively, “Guest Documents”), which must be returned with the verification documents requested of Winner, or Guest portion of the Prize will be forfeited.
Any damaged, lost or stolen travel vouchers or gift cards will not be replaced. Gift cards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash (except as required by law) and are subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer.
The actual value of the Vacation Package may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations of hotel rates and airfares. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the/each Vacation Package will not be awarded. If the actual value of the Prize is less than stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. All expenses not specifically provided for herein, including transportation to and from the venue, parking and concessions (if applicable), are the winner’s sole responsibility. Some restrictions may apply.
Prize components may not be sold, traded, transferred, or refunded. Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitution of Prize or any elements thereof is allowed, except at the Sponsor(s)’s sole discretion.
All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes, pandemic, epidemic or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winner with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event or concert cancellations, trip schedule changes, pandemic, stay at home orders, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Sweepstakes winner as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, pandemic, stay at home order, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on www.ktla.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the winner(s).
7. Social Media. For contests or Sweepstakes promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, iHeartRadio, or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”), the Sponsor(s) reserve the right to void any entrant’s entry in the Sweepstakes for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the applicable Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at their discretion. The Sponsor also reserve the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Sweepstakes and/or the Sponsor(s’) profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Sweepstakes. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Site’s Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsor(s) are not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through the Social Media Sites, the Sponsor(s) may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by the Social Media Sites and in no other way.
8. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Sweepstakes or prize-related activity.
Sponsor(s) assume(s) no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). Sponsor(s) is(are) not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries. Sponsor(s) assume(s) no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries. Sponsor(s) is(are) not responsible for any problems, failures, or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsor(s) is(are) not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in this Giveaway. If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s) which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
9. Release and Indemnification
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor(s) and its(their) directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors, and agents from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts, liabilities, injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including property damage, personal injury or death, of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the Entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes, compliance or non-compliance with these Official Rules and acceptance, receipt and use of the Prize or any portion thereof.
10. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on KTLA and at ktla.com/jeromes.
11. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Sweepstakes, please contact KTLA at www.ktla.com/contact. For a copy of these rules and/or addendum, please go to ktla.com/jeromes or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KTLA-TV, CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS SWEEPSTAKES JUNE-JULY 2022, 5800 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90028, within sixty (60) days of the end of this Sweepstakes. For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KTLA-TV, CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS SWEEPSTAKES JUNE-JULY 2022, 5800 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90028, within sixty (60) days of the end of this Sweepstakes.
Suggest a Correction